- I don't own a Kindle, how can I read the eBooks anyway?
- The supposedly free eBook/MP3 is not free - why?
- I discovered a free eBook/MP3 on Amazon which is not listed yet. How can I add it to this website?
- I bought a supposedly free eBook/MP3, what can I do about it?
- What do you mean by eBook classics?
- When are new eBooks/MP3s added?
- When are new blog posts published?
- How do I use this website?
- This website is awesome - How can I support you?
- How can I translate this website/improve current translation?
- My question could not be answered, what shall I do?
I don't own a Kindle, how can I read the eBooks anyway?
It's not necessary to own a Kindle to be able to read Kindle eBooks. Several Kindle Reading Apps are available for your smartphone (iPhone & iPod touch, Android, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry), your computer (Windows and Mac) or your tablet (iPad and Android) for free. You can even read the eBooks in some browsers.
In case you don't own any of these devices, you can find a list of different devices below:
The supposedly free eBook/MP3 is not free - why?
EBooks or MP3s are often only temporarily free to climb up the sales ranking. This may cause the data to be out of date. However, the product data will not be older than 24 hours.
I discovered a free eBook/MP3 on Amazon which is not listed yet. How can I add it to this website?
Basically, this is not possible since the Product Advertising API is heavily limiting its access. For example, no data older than 24 hours may be stored. Additionally, it is not possible to retrieve a Kindle eBook's price and rating.
I bought a supposedly free eBook/MP3, what can I do about it?
Amazon grants you to return purchased Kindle eBooks within 7 days. More information can be found on Amazon.com.
Sales of digital products like of MP3s are final sales, which means there is no return policy granted. More information can be found on Amazon.com.
What do you mean by eBook classics?
By classics we're referring to copyright-free books whose authors are dead for over 70 years. For example the author Jules Verne († 1905), you'll see an excerpt from his free works below:
When are new eBooks/MP3s added?
We learned from experience that new eBooks/MP3s are added between 9 and 12 am (UTC+1).
When are new blog posts published?
A new blog post (per product type) is automatically published daily at 3 pm (UTC+1), as long as new eBooks or MP3s were added. An eBook or MP3 is considered as new, when it has been added in the last 24 hours.
How do I use this website?
This website is only a tool. You should always check whether or not the product is really for free! Consider the following steps:
- Search for your desired eBook/MP3 on this website.
- By clicking on the product you'll be redirected to the product's detail page on Amazon.
- Check its price.1 It should read "$0.00".
- Click on "Buy now with 1-Click".2
- Check the delivery confirmation Amazon sent you via eMail - Total for this Order: $ 0.00.
- When the delivery confirmation shows a different price, please see point "I bought a supposedly free eBook, what can I do about it?".
1 Unfortunately, we can't check the price of eBooks respectively Amazon may send outdated data, although requested otherwise.
2 EBooks may only be purchased using 1-Click. Unfortunately, it is not possible to add eBooks to cart.
The procedure for MP3s is similar.
This website is awesome - How can I support you?
That's easy! As soon as you buy something on Amazon via our links, we get a commission from Amazon.
You can also donate to us directly by using one of our donate buttons from either Paypal or Flattr.
How can I translate this website/improve current translation?
When you're fluent in another language, then simply send us an email via the contact form. We appreciate your cooperation and help.
My question could not be answered, what shall I do?
Leave a reply on this site to get eventually an answer.